Number of intersections
in Los Angeles gridlocked
by greedy developers.
Number of Los Angeles
households forced out
by “luxury” density.
Amount of money
L.A. City Hall received from
the real estate industry.
What scares City Hall? Money
Fed up voters with money.
Donate, and do good.
$6 – L.A. City Hall received SIX MILLION DOLLARS from the real estate industry.
$17 – 17 City Hall politicians are SWIMMING in developer gifts, cash for pet projects or campaign funds.
$66 – In 1966, L.A.’s BRIBERY scandals erupted, sending a Councilman and developers to prison.
$184 – At $184,610, the L.A. City Council is the highest-paid in America. The GOVERNOR gets less.
$1,930 – L.A. MEDIAN 1-bedroom rent, thanks to City Hall’s relentless promoting of gentrification and greed
By donating I agree that:
- This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
- Contributions and gifts are not tax deductible.
- I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
- I am not a federal contractor.
- I am at least eighteen years old.
- I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
The Neighborhood Integrity Initiative starts the process of fixing L.A.’s broken and unfair planning system, which is controlled by deep-pocketed developers and powerful politicians to serve their own self-interests.
Among a long list of problems, this rigged system pushes forward luxury mega-projects that cause traffic gridlock, the destruction of neighborhood character and the displacement of longtime residents, including senior citizens on fixed budgets. The Coalition to Preserve L.A. and its supporters are saying no more.
Inform yourself about developer greed, neighborhood battles and the upcoming election. Read our coverage.
Please join us in this fight!Would you like to:
- Help with, or hold a fundraiser? Contact Cheri for information!
- Lend your skills to our efforts? Ask Madalyn how you can help!
- Reach out to your neighbors? Melissa can help you!
- Tell your story of how your neighborhood fought developers?
- Alert others to a giant development proposed in your area?
- Tell others how bad traffic got after City Hall promised otherwise? Contact Patrick to find out how!
Sign up here to get breaking news! ⇨
The Coalition to Preserve L.A. is underwritten, in large part, by AIDS Healthcare Foundation, a $1.3 billion non-profit whose legions of doctors and nurses are caring for more than 590,000 HIV/AIDS patients in 35 countries.
AHF also takes on social justice and fairness issues unrelated to AIDS. In the U.S., AHF is sponsoring ballot measures that aim to remove the Confederate flag from the Mississippi state flag and to lower high pharmacy costs in California and Ohio.
No funds granted for the care of AIDS patients are spent on the organization's ballot campaigns. AHF raises its own advocacy funds to tackle social justice and fairness issues, which are in harmony with its mission. That mission is "cutting-edge medicine and advocacy regardless of ability to pay."
Now, AHF has set its sights on real estate developer control of fundamental processes at L.A. City Hall that, in fact, belong to the people. That unfair developer control has destroyed neighborhood character, created outrageous traffic congestion, wiped out thousands of net units of affordable housing and directly fed into L.A.'s spike in homelessness.
Read the Neighborhood Integrity Initiative
The sponsors believe in seeking buy-in from residents across Los Angeles. Please send your message by donating below.
Please fill out the form to send the coalition an email. Or connect with us on social media!